My First Altered Tin Diorama
Making this diorama was the most fun I've had on a project in a long time. The last time was when I made my Instamtic Zine Set. I took photos during the process so you can see how this little cutie came together. I looooove it and I can't wait to make another one.
I started with this tin that has a flat top. I loved the black and green pattern that bordered the top, so I left that in. The imagery stuck nicely with Modge Podge. I used cut up foam to make the shapes pop, but before I stuck them on I glued them to watercolor paper, then cut out the shapes I wanted. This way they last longer and are more sturdy. I found the little dino at Dollar Tree in the toy section. By the way, Dollar Tree has a great crafting section, too. That's where I got the craft foam.
I didn't think the craft acrylic paint would stick to the tin, but it did just fine. It just takes a little more time to dry than usual. I put ihttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gift under a lamp on my desk. That seemed to help.
Tell me what you think. I'd love to get some feedback and if you make altered tin art, I'd love to see it. I have a huge Pinterest Folder dedicated to Altered Tin Art.